Woman gets home to find house on fire

posted 29 Jul 2009, 04:06 by South Edinburgh Net Admin
A woman had to be treated for shock last night after arriving home to find firefighters tackling a blaze at her home.

The fire began in the ground floor bedroom of her flat in Rutherford Drive, Gilmerton, at around 9pm. Firefighters from Tollcross and Liberton stations fought the blaze, six of them using breathing apparatus.

The woman was treated for shock with oxygen at the scene, but did not need hospital treatment.

At the same, firefighters from Crewe Toll station were called out to extinguish a chip pan fire at a flat in Royston Mains Crescent, Granton.

Eleven firefighters attended the blaze, with four tackling the fire wearing breathing apparatus.

Source: Edinburgh Evening News
Comments