Man taken to hospital amid gas leak fears

posted 2 May 2011, 04:07 by South Edinburgh Net Admin
Police cordoned off a road in Liberton Gardens on Saturday morning amid fears of a suspected gas leak that saw one elderly man taken to hospital.

Emergency services were alerted to a possible carbon monoxide leak at a flat in the area after a 90-year-old man showed symptoms of gas poisoning.

Subsequent monitoring by the gas board showed there had been no leakage and the road was soon reopened.

The pensioner was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary as a precaution.

Police, fire crews and paramedics attended the scene following the call-out at around 8.15am.

A spokesperson for Lothian and Borders Fire Rescue Service said: "We attended a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a flat in Liberton Gardens on Saturday but when the area was monitored no gas was later detected."

Source: Edinburgh Evening News
Comments