Flats evacuated after stair fire

posted 26 Oct 2009, 02:25 by South Edinburgh Net Admin
Residents at a block of flats in Edinburgh were evacuated after a mattress was deliberately set alight in the stairwell on Sunday night.

A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters had to rescue two people from their homes in South Clark Street.

The spokesman said that two others jumped to safety from their windows onto a mattress.

The other residents were led to safety by emergency crews.

Source: BBC News

Comments