There's an opportunity to research your ancestry when Liberton Kirk
opens its doors for two days in September - Saturday 26th, 10.00am to 4.00pm, and Sunday 27th, 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
The following records will be available for research:-
- Liberton Kirk baptismal records from 1855-1990.
- Liberton Northfield baptismal records from 1890-1960.
- Details of over 1,000 men of Liberton who served in WW1, including the 292 who gave their lives.
- A full listing if inscriptions in Liberton Churchyard.
- A list of over 400 men of WW1 and WW2, buried or commemorated in Liberton, Mount Vernon, and Newington Cemeteries.
- Over 12,000 records of Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, from 1898 to 1990, extracted from the Church Magazines.
- Liberton Census records for 1841-51-and 61
All these records are listed alphabetically so that complete families can be viewed together. Staff will be on hand to assist in your search, and a copying facility will also be available.